A message from Randle Johnson, Winemaker & Co-Owner, Calafia Cellars
Joining Club Calafia is the best way to ensure that you get your yearly share of the luxury, handcrafted Calafia Cabernets that we began making in 1979. Staying under the radar, we make fewer than 500 cases per year.
Our Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon comes from the Mt. Veeder appellation in Napa Valley, where I’ve been crafting mountain Cabernets since 1977! The core comes from the Konrad Vineyard at 1500’ elevation with a perfect southwestern exposure. These Cabernet grapes give us wines of deep color, black fruit aromas, full texture and fine-grain aging tannins. For complexity and richness, we blend Malbec and Petit Verdot from warm sites on the Napa Valley floor.
Our LaReina (The Queen) Estate blend comes from our personal vineyard, surrounding our home in St. Helena, the site of our annual “Queen’s Council” al fresco gala. Planted in 2000 in the Bordeaux style (meter x meter), it’s meticulously farmed by hand and is composed of our three favorite varieties – Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec and Petit Verdot! We co-ferment all three, then age them in French Oak barrels, producing a wine of superior concentration and elegance.
I invite you to join Club Calafia at any of our three levels, and encourage you to consider becoming part of our top-tier Queen’s Council. As a member of this inner circle, you’ll be invited to enjoy our delicious wines, hang out with MY queen, MaryLee, and me in our vineyard, and enjoy an intimate, sumptuous Winemaker’s Dinner fit for a king!
Membership is limited. Join Club Calafia today!
Club Levels & Benefits
Choose to receive your wine in one or two shipments per year.
Tax & shipping will be added to the cost of wine.
Calafia Club – Seize the moment – Start the festivities!
6 bottles/year (3 Cabernet, 3 LaReina Estate)
10% off on all wine purchases
Approx. Cost: Three Ben Franklins, mas o menos
• Invitation for member and up to 3 guests to Wine Club event
• Calafia Cellars Newsletter
• Wine-paired Recipes from MaryLee and Napa Valley chefs
Collector’s Club – An open and shut case!
12 bottles/year (6 Cabernet, 6 LaReina Estate)
15% off on all wine purchases
Approx. Cost: Six Ben Franklins, and worth every penny!
All of the above, plus:
• Complimentary Tasting at our St. Helena home for Member and up to 3 guests (by appointment)
• Club pricing on Calafia merchandise
• Access to Library wines, when available
Queen’s Council – The full-tilt boogie!
24 bottles/year (12 Cabernet, 12 LaReina Estate)
20% off on all wine purchases
Approx. Cost: A cool grand & a great value! Priceless!
All of the above, plus:
• Invitation for member and up to 5 guests to Wine Club event
• Complimentary Tour & Tasting at our St. Helena home for Member and up to 5 guests (by appointment)
• Special offers on Library wines, when available
• Invitation for member and guest to exclusive Queen’s Council al fresco gala in the vineyard at the
home of Randle & MaryLee Johnson
• In-your-home tasting for 4 or more Queen’s Council members and their partners
• Questions? Call us! 707-963-0114
Membership is limited! Click here to download the enrollment form and Join Today!